Tuesday, December 21, 2010

changes, are they right or wrong?

many a times, we change at some point of time in our lives.

When I was little, I never like Pink, I never had any Pink dresses. When I was growing up, I never take a second look at Pink clothes.
Now, I start to squeal at cute pink sweaters and hot pink dresses.

When I was in my early teenage stage, I carefully filter guys based on their height & looks. They must be at least 1.8cm and look cute/hunky/hot. They would party & drink with me, take care of me when I get wasted.
Now, I want somebody who loves my family, doesnt cheat on me & treasure me, as long as he doesn't share the height and looks like Hunchback of Notre Dome or the ugly creature in Lord of the Rings.
I found someone who doesn't party nor drink, who takes care of me when Im at the lowest point in my life, and not tell me all the big words of how much he loves me then decided to leave suddenly without any valid reason/return to their ex gf/found someone hotter.

When one is attached, you would spend most of your time with your other half. And tend to neglect friends & family who were there for you when you were single. I admit I committed that act. Its really hard to balance your love life & ur friends equally. Sacrifices need to be done. Sometimes there are just some factors that made this alot difficult. But who can really understand?

To me, "honeymoon period" is really dependant on individuals. Some last for only 1 month? Some last up to a year? Its pretty hard to last for years. I believe that one should not judge others based on their standards. Just because you and your partner spend time alone, travel overseas without ur other half, doesn't mean the rest of your friends or people must be like you. Especially if you and your other half have been together for years, naturally you both enjoy taking time off from each other, its the way to maintain a long running relationship. There are also another type of people out there who just enjoy having more freedom even when in a relationship. The "unbounded" one. Its just them.

But others might be only together for months, and its still their honeymoon period. Its not fair to weigh both cases and judge them.

Having said that, my point is, I really do feel that we should never neglect our friends when we are in a relationship. But as good friends, the last thing they should do is judge ur own friends without hearing their side of the story.


Im lucky my gals are straightforward and frank people, they don't talk at the back of me and pretend to be best friends. At least they bother to talk to me, and hear me out. Though they like to say "Aiya..I know your pattern from the start liao..." when I apologise to them. Hor Rachel & Bell? hahahaha


True friends don't judge their own friends without hearing them out and understand where they are coming from.


Have you talked to your buddy and hear him/her out today?

No comments:

Post a Comment