Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Is the fact you believe, really the truth you perceive?


just wanna share some happy moments I had today.

Went last minute new year clothes hunting with Bf & his parents+ his elder bro today. Whilst at Armani Exchange waiting for his brother to try some clothes, Bf's mum pulled bf aside and asked if I had already gotten my new year clothes. When bf said I didn't really buy any, she asked him to make me choose some tops there.

First thing that warmed my heart was that the (I don't understand why so expensive) t-shirt my bf psychoed me to go try on cost $80. Never in my life would I spend that kind of money on clothes, especially branded ones, yet auntie was very generous with me. She has always been. =) To me, this was a luxury & privileged lifestyle I never enjoyed since young. Ok anyway, I didn't get any once I knew auntie wanted to buy me. Following that, she kept asking me to go into shops to get clothes, keep telling me, "go in and take a look la, don't worry we got alot of time..".

Auntie even helped me choose clothes while we're at Mphosis. Must say she really got good taste!Unexpectedly picked out 1 jumper that I would never give a second look normally, and when tried on, it was really nice! Sadly, it was sold out islandwide. She gave a cute pout when the salesgirl announced the disappointing news. I swear my heart melted into a pool of marshmallows there and then. I felt so loved. ^_^ She even wanted to go to orchard to continue shopping just because I didn't get anything.

Bf's mummy gave me abalone + 1 super big carton of mandarin oranges + new year cookies to bring home. Bf kept saying, "wah...1 big abalone for you to eat..."

Went for high tea at Fruits Paradise Cafe after the hefty walks. Had lotsa laughs over Bf's dad vocabulary misuse & cute behaviour. The day ended with a satisfying good dinner at Paradise Inn Restaurant.

Im really glad that my bf's parents are such amazingly wonderful people. I feel very blessed. I just wanna express my gratitude to those who is willing to take time to see what kind of person I am, and accepts me for who I am.

I'm the kind of girl whom some people would not think good of me and like me instantly. I have this "don't come near me or I'll bite you" air about me especially when I dress up and not speak to anyone. Once I talk to people, they will know Im not who they think I am. They always tell me their 1st impression of me is that Im really very unapproachable. As years go by, I am less hyperactive and don't really have much things to talk to people I just meet. Because of this, some people don't really connect to me. The truth is, I have my own concerns. Its a thin line between flirting and friendly, I am very cautious and afraid to appear as the first. I have a believe, it takes chemistry for people to click. Sometimes you just have sparks flying when you meet someone and become best gossip buddies, but some people you just have nothing to talk about.


Im not gonna try to change myself just to please others, not gonna try to make people see who I really am. Its either you do or you don't. I have people who understands me and likes me, and thats all that matters.





No comments:

Post a Comment