Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fuzzy feelings.

Teaching at Nanyang Pri Sch. Super packed canteen during lunch hour. Spot the discipline master!haha...

It sure feels a little warm and fuzzy in the heart, brings me back to my schooling days. The reason why I wanna be a teacher, was because of my teacher when I was in pri sch. I would always bawl my eyes out whenever mum send me to sch and leaves. She would always carry me and place me on her lap, hug me tightly me as she reads the class stories. Everybody would sit on the floor facing her, and I, would feel at ease sitting on her lap, in her arms...

Its really not easy teaching these kids, their attention span is short and gets bored easily, so I had to think of ways to engage them, get their attention and get them to complete their work. Well, I almost died at the end of the class, I literally slumbered and lay flat onto the car seat when boss came to fetch us back, with my colleagues laughing and telling me, "WELCOME TO THE TEACHING WORLD."

I guess what makes it worthwhile, is when I could get the kids to open up to me, enjoy my class, and see them learning something at the end of the lesson.


Mum said, maybe Im destined to teach. I hope it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment